(The form to register is below Terms & Conditions)
Trek fee: Rs. 9,750/- GST at 5% is payable on the trek fee
1. The trek fee includes all costs of the trek from the start at Sankri village to the end of the trek at Sankri.
2. Pick up: Trekkers are picked up from Dehradun railway station at 6:30 am. Usually, trekkers are clubbed together with other participants to make a group. The group travels together to Sankri in shared cabs. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return from Sankri to Dehradun costs Rs.5,500 one way (in a Bolero/Max) or Rs.8,500 per Tempo Traveller one way. A Bolero/Max sits 5-6 participants. A Tempo Traveller accommodates 12. Participants are expected to share the cost of the cab. The cost is shared this way: Total no of vehicles divided by total no of participants.
No service tax is applicable on transport cost. Indiahikes only arranges the vehicle pick up and is not responsible for any issues during transport. You can choose to come independently to the base camp.
3. Backpack offloading: Indiahikes expects trekkers to carry their own backpacks -- which contains clothes, warm gears, toilet kits etc. Camping gears like tents/sleeping bags is carried by Indiahikes support team. If for some reason you do not want to carry your backpack, you can offload the same by paying an additional charge.
Backpack offloading charge for the entire trek duration is Rs 1,575/- (inclusive of GST at 5%). Partial offloading is not allowed. Charges vary for offloading on arrival at the base camp. Also, offloading on arrival may be refused if sufficient man/animal power is not available. Your offloaded backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kgs. No suitcases/strolleys/duffel bags are allowed for offloading.
4. Emergency during trek: In a trek a medical emergency or any other emergency may arise. If for any reason you are sent down from the trek then Indiahikes will make arrangements for your return to the base camp or nearest road head. A staff will accompany you. He may not be a trained personnel.
Evacuation or dealing with emergencies is extremely difficult in the mountains. It is time consuming as well. A normal trek of 2 hours may take 6 hours in an emergency (a sick person is not easy to evacuate). Doctors do not go along with a team. Doctors are not available at the base camp or nearest road head either. Indiahikes trek leaders are trained to administer first aid and know how to deal with issues related to the mountains. However, they are not doctors.
Registering for this trek is an understanding that you have read up on the difficulties of high altitude trekking and understand the risks. You have also understood what AMS, HAPE and HACE are. You have taken efforts to educate yourself and you are in a position to manage your own altitude related emergency.
5. Fitness: A high altitude trek in the Himalayas requires considerable fitness. Your body needs to train itself to process more work with lower levels of oxygen. Cardiovascular training before a trek is critically important. Training must include strength and flexibility workout. We have laid out the eligibility criteria here. Registering for the trek is an understanding that you will undertake the mandated fitness training. Indiahikes has the right to reject candidates who do not meet our eligibility requirement at the base camp.
6. Non-liability: Indiahikes is not responsible for any loss/damage of your gears/equipment or other belongings on the trek.
7. Drinking and smoking is dangerous on a high altitude trek. It is strictly prohibited. If you flout this rule your participation on the trek will be cancelled forthright.
8. Payment: Payment for the trek can be done online through credit/debit card or net banking. Cheque/draft or cash are not accepted.
9. Cancellation: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc), Indiahikes will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case you wish to cancel your trek please e-mail us at email@example.com. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone.
The cancellation charges are as under:
Please note: In case of refund, there will be a deduction of 4% (bank charges) from the total fee you have paid. Also, if you have opted for a trek insurance, the amount will not be refunded.
10. Safety Protocol:
a. While our itineraries are designed to allow for adequate acclimatisation, most treks in Indian Himalayas climb quickly, which is called forced accents. Unavailability of camp sites and the Indian Himalayan terrain are the reason for this. There are chances that you will feel the effects of altitude sickness and oxygen deprivation while on this trek. Please be aware that your trek leader may deem it unsafe for you to continue trekking at any time, and arrange for you to descend to a lower attitude.
b. Our trek leaders will conduct routine health checks at all camps to measure oxygen saturation, pulse and blood pressure. Indiahikes reserves the right to exclude any trekker from climbing higher on the trek without refund if the trekker's vital readings are below accepted norms for that altitude. These norms are available with Indiahikestrek leaders.
c. This is a high altitude trek with rough, rocky and snowy terrain. It is important that you are a fit and confident walker in mountain terrain, able to manage ascents and descents by yourself within a reasonable time. Indiahikes reserves the right to turn around a trekker if in the opinion of our trek leader they are unable to complete the itinerary without requiring exclusive assistance. Please realistically self-assess your fitness and suitability for this trek before registering.
Accommodation during the trek (camping - 3 in a tent)
All meals - vegetarian
Trekking permits and forest camping charges
Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
Transport to and from the base camp (Dehradun to Sankri and return)
Food during transit to and from the base camp
Backpack offloading charges – Rs 263 per day (inclusive of GST @ 5%). Charges for last minute offloading during the trek will be Rs 350 per day (inclusive of GST @ 5%). The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kg. No suitcases/strolleys/duffel bags will be allowed.
Stay at Dehradun on the last day is not included
Personal expenses of any kind
Anything apart from the inclusions