Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
Transport to and from the base camp (Kathgodam to Lohajung and back)
Food during transit to and from the base camp
Backpack offloading charges - Rs 1500. Charges will vary for last minute on slope offloading. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kgs. No suitcases/strolleys/duffel bags will be allowed.
Stay at Kathgodam on the last day
Personal expenses of any kind
Anything apart from the inclusions
Terms & Conditions
1. The trek fee includes all cots of the trek from the start at Lohajung base camp to the end at Lohajung
2. Pick up: Trekkers are picked up from Kathgodam railway station at 6:30 am. Usually, trekkers are clubbed together with other participants to make a group. The group travels together to Lohajung in shared cabs.
3. Transport:Transport from Kathgodam to Lohajung and return from Lohajung to Kathogodam can be arranged by us at an extra cost. A shared vehicle costs approximately Rs. 5500 one way. Participants are expected to share the cost likewise. The amount is to be paid directly to our transporter. No service tax is applicable on transport cost. Indiahikes only arranges the vehicle pick up and is not responsible for any issues during transport.
4. Backpack carrying: Indiahikes expects all trekkers to carry their own backpacks. All common gear will be carried by the support team. If for some reason a trekker is unable to carry his or her backpack, he/she can offload the same by paying an additional charge.
Backpack offloading charge for the entire trek duration is Rs. 1500/-. Partial offloading is not allowed. Charges will vary for last minute on slope offloading. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kgs. No suitcases/strolleys/duffel bags will be allowed.
5. Drop out during trek: If for any reason a participant has to drop out from the trek on any day then Indiahikes will make arrangements for his/her return to the nearest road head. A staff will accompany the participant to the nearest road head.
6. Fitness: A high altitude trek in the Himalayas requires considerable fitness. Your body needs to train itself to process more work with lower levels of oxygen. Therefore, on treks, cardiovascular training is critically important. You need to be able to jog a distance of 4.5 km in 30 mins before start of the trek. Unable to do so can make your trek difficult. In addition, preparation of trek needs to include strength and flexibility training. Registering for the trek is an understanding that you will undertake the mandated fitness training. Trekkers who have not adequately prepared may be asked to discontinue the trek at any point.
7. Non-liability: Indiahikes is not responsible for any loss/damage of your gears/equipment or other belongings on the trek.
8. Payment: Payment for the trek can be done online through credit/debit card or net banking. Cheque/draft or cash is not accepted.
9. Cancellation: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc), Indiahikes will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case, you wish to cancel your trek, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone.
The cancellation charges are as under: Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek -- full refund. Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek -- 50% refund. Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek -- no refund.
10.Drinking and smoking during the trek is strictly prohibited. If found flouting the rules, your participation on the trek will be cancelled with immediate effect.
At Indiahikes, safety of a trekker comes first. You will experience it first hand on the slope. Your team is accompanied by experienced trek leaders, safety gears, high end trek equipment, high altitude first aid kits and most importantly the right information.
If there is a medical emergency on the trek, your trek leaders are trained to handle crisis, especially related to altitude and medical emergencies. Indiahikes team carries high altitude medical equipment, oxygen cylinders, and other emergency kits.
Most situations are resolved by the trek leader's intervention.If,however,evacuation is required, it is carried out by the Indiahikes team. The affected participant is moved down to the nearest emergency medical centre as soon as possible. This can take time, even 1-2 days, especially from high camps. Medical expenses, if required, at the medical centre are to be borne by the participant.
Note: Do not make any travel arrangements until you have received an email confirmation from Indiahikes.
Indiahikes is the largest and most widely recommended trekking community in India.
More trekkers trek with Indiahikes than with any other organisation. 10,000 plus in 2016.
Indiahikes safety standards are the highest in India.
Equipment like tents and sleeping bags are expedition standard, imported and custom made for Indiahikes.
Trek leaders are a reason to trek with Indiahikes -- knowledgeable and prepared.
Trek Fee Inclusions
Accommodation during the trek (camping with 3 in a tent)
All meals - vegetarian (starting from dinner at Lohajung on Day 1 and ending with breakfast at Lohajung on Day 8)